Add this Event to Calendar
06/22/2020 06:30 PM
08/14/2020 08:30 PM
Family Battle of the Books
We are battling...with book reading that is! Here's how it works: YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AN INFORMATION SHEET HERE!
- Read 5 pre-selected book titles between June 22 and August 13 (books available via Hoopla/Overdrive/Libby/library catalog).
- Form a family battle team (up to 10 people - you can have multiple families on a team, just not more than 10 people in total).
- Designate a team captain.
- REGISTER for the Battle of the Books, and a Zoom link will be emailed prior to the event.
- Join us on Zoom Video on Friday, August 14 @ 6:30 pm to battle with other families!
- Questions will be trivia-style, and your team will have time after each question to discuss the answer.
- Visit the Battle of the Books website for complete information.
Battle of the Books titles (books are geared toward children in grades 3-6, but all are welcome):
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Libary by Chris Grabenstein
- Mighty Jack by Ben Hatke
- Other Words for Home by Jasmine Wargo (please download via Hoopla app - it's free and always available!)
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- The Secret Zoo by Bryan Chick
Each team will receive one set of books, which are available at the library for pickup during our Curbside Pickup hours: M-W-F 10 am-6 pm and T-TH 12-8 pm.
Contact: Dolores Colarosa 412-885-2255 firstname.lastname@example.org