In response to Governor Baker’s State of Emergency declaration and due to the rapidly changing situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (“COVID-19”), using an abundance of caution, and taking our cue from CDC and other health professionals, the Grafton Public Library Board of Trustees has decided to suspend all library programs–for all ages–indefinitely, effective Thursday March 12, 2020.
The health of our community is our foremost concern and library staff remains committed to maintaining all other library services. All other library services will continue to be available during normal hours of operation and we will continue to update you as the situation changes.
In addition, we are taking the following precautions:
- Please, if you are sick, stay home. Give us a call and we will work with you to renew materials, extend due dates, and waive fines.
- Please utilize self-check for library materials. Please ask a staff member for assistance if you need help and we will talk you through it!
- Please utilize digital materials instead of physical materials: www.graftonlibrary.org/digital.
- We are working on ways to offer programs to go: individual take-home kits, alternatives to complete the Winter Reading Program, and online programming. More information will be forthcoming.
- We are reviewing and updating our Minimum Staffing Policy.
- We are drafting a Pandemic Policy.
- All work-related travel is suspended until further notice.
We have already taken these steps to reduce spread of all communicable disease:
- Removed soft toys from Children’s Room (washed in hot water and bleach before storing).
- Removed sensory table (sanitized before storing).
- Removed puzzles from Children’s Room.
- Removed coloring tools from (take home coloring sheets are available).
- Removed chairs from tables to encourage social distancing — current recommendation is 6 feet.
- Sanitize hard toys daily.
- Created an informative post from reputable sources for the public on our website.
- Provided free copies of the CDC fact sheet on COVID-19 for the public.
- Posted CDC handwashing signs throughout the Library.
- Posted WHO handwashing instructions at each sink.
- Updated FLU signs (stay home if ILL!) to reflect COVID-19.
- Placed 2 waste receptacles outside restrooms for paper towels (to encourage people use them to turn off the faucet and open the door).
- Provided hand sanitizer in multiple locations (note this helps protect against bacteria, not viruses).
- Provided sanitizing alcohol wipes and are requesting patrons using public computers to sanitize the mouse and keyboard before and after each use
- Created a staff cleaning protocol for wiping down surfaces and door knobs/handles multiple times a day
- Requested that Library staff wear gloves during transactions with patrons (handling cash, library cards, library materials, typing on public computers).
We apologize to all our patrons for any inconvenience and hope to reschedule the canceled programs, where possible, in the near future. We will continue to monitor the situation, in regard to the COVID-19 and will keep you informed on this website. Thank you for your understanding. Keep calm, and wash your hands!