Add this Event to Calendar
02/26/2020 04:30 PM
02/26/2020 05:30 PM
Level 2 - Crazy 8's Math Club
This program is only for those children who have completed a minimum of 5 weeks of Crazy 8's Level One.
For children in Grades K-2
- Glow-in-the-Dark City: Take geometry to the next level! Learn to recognize some important 3-D shapes, then build a giant skyscraper of glowsticks and styrofoam balls. Flick off the lights to see your creations!
- Crazy 8s Race: Play a brand new board game: roll dice to travel around a figure 8, and bring on your teammates when numbers match up. See who makes it to 8 x 8 first!
- Funny Money: We’ll bet money you’ll love this one! Have fun comparing coins, buying prizes with them, and finally winning them in an extreme version of Rock, Paper, Scissors!
- Beach Ball Party: This is a party you won’t want to miss! You’ll use our star-studded beach ball to play volleyball, then go gaga chucking the ball against targets to score points.
- Funky Fractals: Get funky with patterns and mazes! Create crazy patterns with wax sticks, and connect them to make a giant version. Then design your own waxy maze to stump your friends.
- Laser Maze Craze: Bounce a real laser beam off mirrors to get from one end of a maze to the other! You'll also explore symmetry by seeing which letters can be formed by mirror image.
- Super-Cube Shuffle: Math and art collide when you use specially colored cubes to create cool designs. After a round of design copy mania, you’ll be a super-cube pro!
- Epic Air Traffic Control: Build your own airport, complete with finger-light airplanes and glowstick runways. Use your math skills to land all the planes without crashing!
Contact: Ms.Judy 412-257-8660 firstname.lastname@example.org