The summer reading finale on the evening Thursday, August 17th at 6 pm, will include a Community Science Fair! Kids, groups of kids, families or pairs of families are invited to participate. Select a topic from the suggested list, or take the quiz at sciencebuddies.org to find a topic!
We’d like the majority of the projects to fall under topics that are either part of our Enlighten Bellingham program (alternative energy, recycling and water resources) or the Summer Reading Theme, Build a Better World.
Participants will be entitled to be reimbursed for up to $75 on materials spent to create and display the project.
How to participate:
1. Click the link below to register.
2. Select your project topic for approval by library staff.
3. When project topic is approved, buy any necessary materials.
4. Work on your project!
5. Set up your project at the library any time on Thursday, August 17th.
6. Be at the library by 5:30 pm on Thursday, August 17th to meet the judges!
7. The community will be at the library between 6 and 6:30 and 7:15 and 8 pm to view your projects.
8. Have fun and learn a lot!