Under this program Haitian nationals who are eligible for the program and who receive an invitation my apply for the HFRP. Candidates will be interviewed in Haiti and if they meet the requirements will be eligible for parole into the U.S. and may apply for Authorization to work while they are awaiting the availability of a visa to become a permanent resident of the U.S. This presentation will cover these three areas:
- Eligible candidates have a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident family member in the U.S. who has applied for them to come to the U.S. as a permanent resident and are awaiting the availability of a visa for entry into the U.S.
- Filing the I-130 and how to determine the point at which a visa becomes available (U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin)
- Review of how the HFRP speed up the process by allowing the approved family member to be paroled into the U.S. while awaiting the availability of an entry visa.
- This presenation will be in Haitian Creole
- The speaker will be from the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)