Reserving a pass
Brookline residents may make advance reservations online, in person at the Main Library, or by calling 617-730-2370. To connect to the museum pass reservation line, press 4 during the automated voice menu.
Passes may be reserved up to eight weeks prior to use.
To reserve a museum pass, a person must:
- Be a Brookline resident or a Town of Brookline Employee
- Have a valid library card
- Owe less than $10 in fines
- Only one pass may be reserved per library card for a specific date
- Passes for the same museum may not be borrowed on the same library card on consecutive days
- Only four passes may be reserved per card at any one time
Picking up and returning passes
Patrons must pick up passes at the Brookline Village Main Library Information Desk at 361 Washington Street.
During summer hours, the Main Library will be closed on weekends. Friday passes must be picked up by noon, as usual. Saturday and Sunday passes must be picked up at the Main Library by 3 PM on the Friday before the weekend of the reservation. We cannot issue these passes at the Coolidge Corner branch library on the weekend. If you do not pick up your passes by this time, they become available on a first come/first served basis. Please call us at 617-730-2370 if you are running late; the library is open until 5 PM on Fridays.
- May be picked up in the seven days before the day of the reservation
- Must be picked up by noon the day of the reservation (2pm on Sunday for Sunday passes; during Summer Hours 3pm on the Friday before the weekend of the reservation)
- Do not need to be returned
The JFK Library & Musuem pass is a hard-copy pass. This pass:
- May be picked up one day before the day of the reservation
- Must be picked up by noon the day of the reservation (2pm on Sunday for Sunday passes; during Summer Hours 3pm on the Friday before the weekend of the reservation))
- Must be returned by the opening hour the day after use
- May be returned in the book drop using the envelope provided when the library is closed
- The late return fine for any reusable museum pass is $10.00 per day with a $30.00 maximum. Fee for a lost pass is $25.00
Late pick ups
If you are running late, please call us at 617-730-2370. All passes may be given away on a first come/first served basis if not picked up by the times listed above.
Canceling a pass
You can cancel the pass online yourself until the day before use by clicking My Passes in the upper right of this screen, below the calendar. After that, please call us at 617-730-2370 and we will cancel it for you.