All levels welcome, beginners to advanced. Group meets the second Tuesday of each month. Hosted by experienced knitters and Crocheters. If you have a knitting or crocheting question, or just want to spend time creating with others, this is a great group to join! Beginners are always welcome, ages 10 years and up.
Beginning knitters should bring a pair of short, size 11 straight needles and a skein of worsted weight yarn.
Beginning Crocheters should bring an H hook and a a skein of worsted weight yarn.
This is a 4 week class - You are registering for all 4 weeks, May 10, 17, 24 and 31.
This class is for ages 14+
Registration required and limited to 10.
Come join us to learn the art of decorating cakes,cupcakes and treats.
You will learn the three essentials of the Wilton Method of Cake Decorating such as correct bag position, pressure control and icing consistency. I will demonstrate how to make, tint, and alter consistencies of buttercream icing. Different decorating bag striping techniques will be discussed. You will learn how to fill and decorate cupcakes with the beautiful 1M rosette and swirl design. Key points for how to bake a great cake including how to level, torte, fill and get a smooth finish will be discussed and shown.
We will make stars, rosettes, wavy lines, loops, and explore different texturing techniques, as well as many various borders such as a star border, easy ruffle, shell and the zig zag border. You will be shown how to transfer a pattern so that you can create your own unique designs. We will also learn how to make grass, various leaves, drop flowers, swirl drop flowers, daisies, zinnias, and ribbon roses. Writing and printing will also be shown.
Teacher: Mary Napoli - (Bio below)
Mary is a Certified Instructor in The Wilton Method of Cake Decorating. She really enjoys teaching and have taught all the Wilton courses for several years. Her goal when teaching is to help you be confident in this fine art and not be afraid to experiment and be creative. In addition to cake decorating,She has a BFA degree in jewelry making with a minor in ceramics. She also enjoys pen and ink, watercolor, designing greeting cards and creating 2-D artwork.
The class is free but you will have to purchase supplies and bring them with you:
- Contents of Course 1 Kit:
- 9 in. (22.8 cm) Angled Spatula
- 12 - 12 in. (30.4 cm) Disposable Decorating Bags (uncut)
- 4 - Standard Couplers
- Decorating Tips: 1, 3, 12, 16, 18, 21, 1M, 104, 352, 2D, 233 and 230
- Practice Board with Practice Sheets
- 12 Rose Template Stickers
- 6 - 15 in. (38.1 cm) Parchment Triangles
- Decorator Brush
- 1.5 in. (3.8 cm) Flower Nail
- Course 1 Student Guide
- White Ready-to-Use Decorator Icing (16 oz. [450 g])
- Icing Colors (at least two colors)
- 24 in. x 24 in. (60 cm x 60 cm) table cover (such as a folded bath towel or plastic tablecloth)
- Pen or Pencil and Paper
- 6 – Un-iced cupcakes
- Box or cupcake carrier for transportation
- Small bottle of water (squeeze bottle recommended)
- 3 – Disposable cups or bowls (to mix and tint icing)
- Disposable cloth or paper towels
- Gallon size (10.56 in. x 10.56 in. [26.8 cm x 26.8 cm] ) plastic bag for cleanup
Wilton products may be purchased at JoAnn Fabrics & Crafts ; A.C. Moore ; Michaels.
This class is paid for by the Friends of The Townsend Library
Books and Discovery Time with Miss Jana -- Great for preschool age children and younger siblings
We'll start with an intro, a story, some singing, finger play and literacy fun from 10:30-11.
From 11-12 Miss Jana will have an activity planned related to the story and children are also free to play with all the library toys.
Come for an opportunity to meet with other parents and caregivers and help improve your child's literacy skills.