CANCELLED -VIRTUAL - DIY KimchiTuesday August 4, 2020
6:30 PM until 7:30 PM
Rescheduled for Saturday, August 8 at 6:30 p.m.
Join the Grounded Goodwife team, Velya & Ehris, through Zoom to create your own jar of kimchi. You will need to provide the jar & ingredients. Fermented foods, which are loaded with good bacteria, can give your immune system a boost!
Jar: half-gallon or two 32 ounce.
· 5 pounds napa cabbage (approx 2.5 cabbages) cut into 1-inch, bite-sized pieces
· ½ cup coarse sea salt
· 1 cup water (preferably non-chlorinated—chlorinated water can inhibit fermentation)
· ½ medium onion
· 5-6 garlic cloves, peeled
· ¼ cup water (preferably non-chlorinated—chlorinated water can inhibit fermentation)
· 1/4 cup red pepper powder
· 1 bundle green onions/scallions, julienned
Free and open to all ages 14+.
Registration is required and available one month prior to the event.
to go to the Acton Public Library