For those who enjoy crafting and creative activities, or even for those who don't consider themselves the "crafty type" a junk-journal is the perfect combination of creativity and chaos because the contents and design is entirely up to you! If you're familiar with the concept of Wreck This Journal, then you may appreciate this opportunity to make your own personalized adaptation in a journal that you've put together independently.
Join Felicia in this workshop or teens and adults where participators will learn how to make their own junk-journals from a few simple materials and come up with prompts to inspire your next entry!
If you would like to participate in this virtual workshop from home, please have the following supplies ready for this session:
- Several sheets of your preferred paper (lined, dotted, grid, blank)
- A paper bag OR another sheet of paper (thicker/sturdier paper preferred)
- A stapler OR a pair of scissors/something to poke holes with, embroidery thread, and a needle
- A pencil (or other writing utensil)
- Optional supplies include: coloring materials, stickers, tapes, decorative embellishments, etc.
Please note: Virtual programs are still library programs. Participants are expected to be respectful of each other and the host.
Registration: Email Felicia Gminski at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the information for this Zoom meeting.
Age Group(s): Teens & Adults