NAMI Rockland sponsored Advocacy for Mental Health:
NYS Legislator for NAMI Rockland will discuss open mental health issues
Open to the public
Brigid Pigott, Planning Coordinator of Mental Health in Rockland County, will open with an update on Mental Health Services. Followed by:
Matthew Shapiro, Associate Director of Public Affairs at NAMI NYS, who will present the 2020 NAMI NYS Action Agenda and share tips and tricks to effectively tell your story when advocating. This open presentation will be of interest to all individuals and organizations involved in advocacy .
Tuesday, January 28th, 2020
Refreshments and Check-In: 6:00pm
Program Begins: 6:30pm
- Passage of Nicole’s Law to help prevent suicide
- Support of the mental health workforce
- Mental health housing with wrap around services
- Improving the Mental Illness-Criminal Justice Interface
- Investments in Psychiatric Research.