2020-CENSUS KICKOFF - (on Optimum by Altice USA - Public Access Television)Saturday February 8, 2020
8:00 PM until 9:00 PM
What is the 2020 Census Kickoff?
- It is part of the Finkelstein Library Administrators' contributions towards the goal of a Complete and Accurate 2020 Census Count
- An effort to provide access to up-to-date essential information by Library Administrators, local elected officials, and U.S. Census Bureau Specialist
- It is part of the Library's efforts to reach those who might not attend the Library's Seminars and those who do not use the Internet
Esteemed collaborators of the 2020 Census Kickoff
- Elected and appointed officials
- Keith Camire - Partnership Specialist, Rockland County, NY, Field Division, U.S. Census Bureau
- Ellen Jaffee - New York State Assembly Member
- Alan Simon - Mayor of Spring Valley, NY
- Rena Finkelstein - President of Friends of Finkelstein Memorial Library
- Denet Alexandre - President of the Board of Trustees of Finkelstein Memorial of Library
- Grace Riario - Executive Director of Ramapo Catskills Library System (RCLS)
- The Voices for the 17 RCLS Public Libraries of Rockland County
- Laura Wolven - Library Director of Finkelstein Memorial Library
- Angela Strong - Library Director of The Nyack Library
- Linda Rossman - Library Director of West Nyack Free Library
- Robert Schmelter - Public Information Specialist of Pearl River Library
Where to see The 2020 Census Kickoff?
Starting Saturday, Feburary 1, the (taped) 2020 Census Kickoff will be aired on Optimum by Altice USA, on each local area's Public Access Channel. Look for the 2020 Census Kickoff on Mondays and Saturdays at 8 to 9 PM, throughout the month of January.
Targeted month of January 4 was missed due to unexpected technical difficulties.
The Library's 2020-Census Kickoff is in English
(and include summary in Spanish and Hatian-Creole)
El lanzamiento del Censo del 2020 por parte de la biblioteca se resume en español
por Grace Riario - Directora Ejecutiva de RCLS
Le Lancement du Recensement de 2020 par la Bibliothèque est résumé en Creole
par Denet Alexandre - President of the Board of Trustees
to go to the Finkelstein Memorial Library