Young Scientists Friday February 3, 2023
10:30 AM until 11:30 AM
Join STEM Beginnings for a 6-week series for children, ages 3-6. Children will learn STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) concepts through hands-on activities, story time and simple experiments.
- All children, ages 3-6, must be registered (including siblings) to attend in person classes.
- Parents/caregivers are expected to supervise and help their child during class but may leave the room to care for an infant/busy toddler.
- Materials for the lesson will be provided by STEM Beginnings for registered children, ages 3-6, however if extra materials are available due to absences, the teacher may share materials with siblings.
- Siblings are welcome to watch and listen to the story but we ask that parents/caregivers help to manage disruptive behavior.
- Space is limited to 12 children, ages 3-6. Please email or call the librarian if you can no longer attend so that a family on the waitlist can be contacted.
- Hot beverages are not allowed due to child safety regulations from the Department of Early Education and Care, the YFCP funding source.
- Please limit cell phone use and talking to one another while the STEM Beginnings teacher is presenting the lesson.
- Adults and children should not attend class if not feeling well to avoid spreading illness to others. If your child has a cold with a thick runny nose or other contagious illnesses, we ask that he/she remain at home for as long as the symptoms exist. If a child has a fever, please wait 24 hours after the fever to attend class.
Thank you for your support of YFCP and STEM Beginnings Program!
The “Young Scientists” series is sponsored by the YMCA Family & Community Partnership (YFCP), a Massachusetts Coordinated Family & Community Engagement (CFCE) Grant program funded by the Department of Early Education & Care and awarded to the YMCA of Central Massachusetts.
Please note that program attendees must also comply with the Library's Unattended Child Policy:
- 0-7 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times;
- 8-12 must be accompanied by parent/guardian remaining in the Library;
- 13+ may be unaccompanied, provided child is able to use Library independently and follow the Library's Code of Conduct.
Location: Children's Room, Grafton Public Library
to go to the Grafton Public Library