AARP Drivers Safety ClassWednesday July 31, 2019
10:00 AM until 2:00 PM
THIS IS A TWO-DAY CLASS
For Questions about the class, call 1-877-846-3299 or log on to www.aarp.org/drive
Space is limited!
$15 for AARP members and $20 for nonmembers (payable at the first class)
Cars have changed. So have traffic rules, driving conditions and the roads you travel every day, yet some drivers age 50-plus have never looked back since they got their first driver's license.
By taking a driver safety course you'll learn the current rules of the road, defensive driving techniques, and how to operate your vehicle more safely in today's increasingly challenging driving environment. You'll learn how you can manage and accommodate common age-related changes in vision, hearing, and reaction time. In addition, you'll learn:
- How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car
- The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, antilock brakes and new technology found in cars today
- Ways to monitor your own and others' driving skills and capabilities
- The effects of medications on driving
- The importance of eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking and using a cellphone
After completing the course, you will have a greater appreciation of driving challenges and a better understanding of how to avoid potential collisions and injuring yourself or others.
About the course
The AARP Smart Driver Course, offered by AARP Driver Safety, is the nation’s largest classroom and online driver safety course and is designed especially for drivers age 50 and older. Over 15 million participants have gone through AARP Driver Safety classroom and online courses, taught by more than 4,000 AARP Driver Safety volunteers.
YOU may be eligible to receive an insurance discount upon completing the course, so consult your insurance agent for details.
AARP membership is not required to take the course and there are no tests to pass.
Location: Meeting Room A
to go to the Mt. Lebanon Public Library