4th Annual Poetry Contest
Wednesday March 1, 2017
12:00 PM until 2:00 PM
Blackstone Public Library’s 5th Annual Poetry Contest
March 1- April 21, 2017
The age categories are as follows: Grades K-2, grades 3-5, grades 6-8, grades 9-12, and adult. This poetry contest is open to anyone who wishes to participate. Please submit one original piece of poetry with the title of your poem prominently displayed at the top of your entry. Your name will go on the back of the paper on which your poem is printed. Also include your age category, telephone number, and full address on the back of your entry.
- All entries must be typed or neatly written. Illegible entries will be discarded.
- Individual submissions only. No exceptions.
- Previously published works of poetry are not allowed.
- Entries can be dropped off at the library during regular business hours.
- Save the date: A poetry reception for all participants is scheduled for Tuesday, May 16 at 6:30 P.M. The winners of each age category will receive a gift card to a local book store, and all participants will receive a certificate of participation. This program is sponsored in part by the Friends of the Blackstone Library.
Click here to go to the Blackstone Public Library calendar.