Death Cafe Pittsburgh
Thursday June 1, 2017
6:30 PM until 8:30 PM
What is a Death Cafe'? At a Death Cafe' people, often strangers, gather to eat cake, drink tea/coffee, and discuss death. Our objective is "to increase awareness of death with a view to helping people make the most of their finite lives."
DA Death Cafe is a group directed discussion of death with no agenda, objectives or themes. It is a discussion group rather than a grief support or counselling session.
Our Death Cafes are always offered:
- On a not for profit basis
- In an accessible, respectful and confidential space
- With no intention of leading people to any conclusion, product or course of action
- Alongside refreshing drinks and nourishing food – and cake!
- Doors open at 6:30, conversation will begin at 7:00. We will provide coffee, tea, plates, and napkins. Please bring a handheld dessert like cupcakes or cookies or some fruit to share. Parking is available in the Panera Bread lot or along the street.
Kindly RSVP: DeathCafePittsburgh@gmail.com
Location: Oak Room
Click here to go to the Oakmont Carnegie Library calendar.