***All KDL locations are currently closed to the public due to COVID-19. Kits are unable to be reserved at this time. Existing reservations may also be affected by the closure.
We plan to resume the Book Club in a Bag service when KDL reopens to the public. We’re very sorry for any inconvenience this causes. For help, please email email@example.com or chat with us at KDL.org/chat.***
Kent District Library is pleased to offer the Book Club in a Bag program, which allows book groups to check out a kit of everything they’ll need for their book discussion! Each canvas bag contains 12 copies of a book and a printed list of discussion questions. Kits check out for six weeks and are reservable in advance. They may be picked up and returned at any KDL branch. Requests are limited to KDL cardholders only.
Q. How do I find and reserve a specific title in KitKeeper?
A. There are two ways to search for a kit in Kitkeeper: searching by title or searching by availability date.
Searching by Title:
- Next to the Reserve icon, choose the title you would like from the alphabetical dropdown menu.
- Click Go.
- You will get a list of dates when this title is available. Select the date you would like and click Reserve this Kit.
Searching by Availability Date:
- Next to the Dates icon choose the month and year when you would like to pick up a title from the drop down menu.
- Click Go.
- You will either get a calendar with available dates or a list of available titles, depending on your library’s lending policies.
- If you see a list of titles: simply click Reserve for the title you would like.
- If you see a calendar: click on a particular day to see what is available on the pane on the right side of the screen.
Reserving Titles in KitKeeper
- After finding the title you would like to reserve (see above), click the Reserve link.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and enter in your information (library barcode number, etc…)
- The library will contact you when your kit is ready for pick up, and you'll have seven days from that time to pick up the kit.
Need a printable list of all the titles?
- Click here for new titles
- Click here for a printable list of all the titles offered, alphabetized by author.
- Click here for a list alphabetized by title
Need Additional Help?
- Contact our Patron Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 616.784.2007 if you have additional questions.