KitKeeper Instruction Guide
Have a book club and need multiple copies of a book? Look no further than the Library! With your library card, your book club can borrow kits put together by us for up to 7 weeks! Each kit comes with 10 books ready for your club to read and enjoy. KitKeeper is the program you use to reserve one of our Book Club in a Bag kits.
How to Find a Kit
There are three ways to find a Book Club in a Bag kit in KitKeeper:
Browse the List of Titles:
- Click the List icon to see a current list of kits
- Select a title in the drop down menu to read a synopsis of the book
- Click RESERVE THIS KIT to begin the reservation process for a specific book
Search by Title:
- Click SELECT A KIT TO RESERVE to scroll through a list of available kits
- Choose the title you would like to reserve and click the black GO button
- Scroll down through the calendar to find a date with a RESERVE button. If the calendar does not say RESERVE, the kit is not available
- Click RESERVE on your requested date to begin the reservation process for a specific book
Search by Date
- Click the date drop down menu to scroll through a list of available kits
- Choose the date you would like to reserve and click the black GO button
- Click on a particular day to see what titles are available
- To begin the reservation process, click on the date, then select your chosen title on the right
How to Reserve a Kit
Once you have selected the title and date of the kit you want to reserve, you will be directed to sign in to KitKeeper. Enter your Library card number (no spaces or dashes) and your PIN
(usually, the last 4 digits of your telephone number), then click the green SUBMIT button.
Once you are signed in, complete the form with your telephone number and email address. Select MAIN BRANCH as the Pickup Library and click on the grey RESERVE THIS KIT button.
The library will send you a confirmation email, and a reminder email when your kit is ready for you to pick up at the Information Desk. Please make sure a valid email address is filled out on the form.
IMPORTANT: If you would like someone else to pick up your reserved kit, you need to submit to the library a signed consent form. These forms are kept at our Circulation Desk at the Library.
How to Review Reservations
To review your reservations (past, present or future) or to cancel a reservation click on MY KITS at the bottom of the main KitKeeper screen. Then, enter your library card and PIN number to review your reservations.
KitKeeper will display your future reservations by default; to see past and current reservations as well, click on the INCLUDE PAST RESERVATIONS IN LIST button. To see more information about each kit, click on the SHOW
button beside the reservation.
How to Cancel Future Reservations
If you need to cancel a reservation, simply access your future reservation list and click DELETE next to the kit you don't want. If you see a red TOO LATE button instead of a black DELETE button, it is too close to the pickup
date for the reservation to be cancelled in KitKeeper. Please contact us directly to cancel your reservation.
For assistance contact the Peterborough Public Library at
(705) 745-5382 ext 2320