Welcome to the Simcoe County Libraries reservation system for Multicultural Book Club Kits.
Our reservation system, 'KitKeeper', makes it easy for our patrons to:
- See what kits are in the system (cover image, description, etc.)
- See when kits are available
- Place multiple reservations for book club use up to a year in advance
- Reserve a specific kit
Book Club Kits are loaned out with 10 books and a book club bag and must return with 10 books and a book club bag.
Booking a Kit
- Booking may be made up to a year in advance
- Please check the calendar accessible on our website for availability
- Fill out the reservation form with your information
- Pick up you hold at the circulation desk from the library of your choosing. Please choose a library where you have a library account.
- 10 copies are included in each kit.
- There is a 6 week loan period for each kit
- Late fees are assigned by your pick up library.
- Lost/Damaged fees: Replacement cost for each book lost or damaged, $17.25 per bag, $3.55 processing fee. Price includes HST.
- Kits may be picked up at any specified branch. Please select a pick up library where you have a library account.
- Kits must be returned in full at the circulation desk during operating hours, not through an exterior drop box.
- Kits must be returned to the same library they were checked out from.
- All 10 items are checked out to one member's card
- The member who borrowed the kit is responsible for:
- The distribution and return of all 10 items to his or her group members; and
- Any damages to the books/bags, or lost items. The cost of a damaged or lost book varies depending on the item.
How to Use KitKeeper
Our List Feautre lets you view all of the kits we have available to reserve. You can view the details of each kit including: cover image, title, author, age group, contents and the summary. Once you have selected which kit you would like to reserve click the "Reserve this Kit" button.
You will then be taken to a 12 month calendar view of the kit where you will be able to select when you would like to reserve the kit. Once you have selected a pick up date you will then be taken to our Kit Reservation Form.
Our Reserve Feature includes a drop down menu of all the kits available to reserve. Once you have made your kit selection, you are taken to a 12 month calendar view of the kit. You will then be able to select the day you would like to reserve the kit. Once you have selected a pickup date you will then be taken to our Kit Reservation Form.
Our Dates Feature includes a drop down menu where you can select a month up to 12 months in advance. Once you have selected a specific date on the calendar you will then be provided with a list of all the kits that are available to be picked up on that date. After you have made your selection you will be directed to our Kit Reservation Form.
The Reservation Form requires you fill in your name, your contact information, your library card number and your Pickup Library. Please choose a Library where you have a Library Account.
If you have any trouble reserving a kit or require more information please contact your local library.