MAP Passes are available to Poughkeepsie Public Library District library card holders who are 18 years of age or older, have a valid email address, and have no outstanding fines, fees, or overdue materials. Passes are limited to one (1) pass per day per family and (2) passes per family within a 30-day period, except where noted. We strongly recommend that you call or visit the destination’s website to confirm their policies and hours prior to your visit. Passes typically exclude special exhibits or events.
Passes are available in two formats: Print on Demand and Pick Up/Return at Library.
Print on Demand passes are reserved for day of visit and marked "Closed" when venue is closed but always check venue website for changes. You can print out the pass at home, or you can contact the library to print it for you.
Pick Up/Return at Library passesare reserved for day of pick up and marked "Closed" when Library is closed. They may be borrowed for three (3) days (including pick up date) with the EXCEPTION of the Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum pass which is a same day loan and due back same day checked out.
Guidelines for Pick Up and Return Passes:
- Library Card must be presented at check-out and the barcode must match reservation.
- Pass and pouch must be returned to the library branch from which it was borrowed.
- Pass (in the pouch) may be returned in the Library Book Drop.
- Pass returned after the due date will incur a $5.00 per day fine.
- Pass will be considered lost if not returned within one (1) week.
- Lost pass will result in a charge to replace pass.
- Failure to pick up reserved pass without prior notice may prevent future use.
Please cancel your reservation and make it available for someone else to use if you are unable to use your pass. If the reservation is more than one day ahead, you can cancel the reservation via the My Passes button below. Log in and view your reservations, and then locate the pass from the list that needs to be cancelled. If the reservation is for the same day, please call the Library to cancel for you.
Questions? Call the Reference Desk at (845) 485-3445 x 3702.