What is Ayurvedic Medicine and How Does it
Compare with Western (Allopathic) Medicine?
Join Dr. Somesh Kaushik, Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Physician for a presentation on Ayurveda, which is thought to be the world’s oldest healing system and is referred to as the “mother of all sciences.” It encompasses life in its totality and epitomizes a true body-mind approach to health and wellness. Come and discover:
· How your own body constitution (dosha) influences your balance and harmony
· Ways to determine why and how you might be out of balance
· Simple things you can do to re-balance and achieve harmony in your life
· Surprising foods and practices that might not be right for you - and those that are
· How Ayurveda integrates with naturopathy and can be used with conventional medicine
Dr. Somesh N. Kaushik is the owner and chief medical practitioner of Dr. Kaushik’s
Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Clinic in Cross River, NY. With over 35 years’ experience as an Ayurvedic physician. He has a Bachelors in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery from Kurukshetra University, India, a Masters of Public Health (MPH) and Masters of Public Administration (MPA) from the University of Alabama in 1988, and a doctorate in Naturopathy (ND) from the University of Bridgeport.