29th Annual Poetry CompetitionWednesday March 1, 2023
10:00 AM until 5:00 PM
Entries will be accepted from Saturday, April 1, 2023 through Saturday, April 22, 2023 at the library.
Entry forms are available at the library & on the library's website.
Rules for all participants:
- Poems must be original and unpublished
- Author must be a resident of Connecticut
- One poem per letter size page (one side of page only)
- No more than 40 lines per poem
- All poems must have titles
- Author’s name, address, phone number and division should appear on the back of the poem (Poet’s name is not given to the judges)
- No more than three entries per person
Open to all ages in the following divisions:
Grades 1-3, Grades 4-6, Grades 7-8, Grades 9-12, Adult
Winners will be notified by phone beginning May 15, 2023, and will be recognized during the library’s annual Poetry Presentation on Sunday, May 21 at 2:00 p.m.
Awards will be provided by the Friends of Acton Public Library.
to go to the Acton Public Library