Story Trail 2021Monday April 12, 2021
Story Trail: April 12th - November 30th.
Family hikers are welcome to explore our story trail starting April 12th through the end of November. Hike the 1/2 mile loop at the East Granby Land Trust's Ian Clark Preserve on Kimberly Road in East Granby, CT and enjoy a children's story.
This story trail helps build children’s interest in reading, while encouraging healthy outdoor activity for children and their families. The Story Trail is brought to you by the East Granby Public Library and The East Granby Land Trust.
Stories will be updated with the seasons, offering a new experience for repeat visitors.
Stories to be displayed:
- Blue Chicken, by Connecticut author, Deborah Freedman (Currently on display)
- Trio: The Tale of the Three-Legged Cat, by Connecticut author, Andrea Wisnewski
- An original story to be written and illustrated by the East Granby Public Library's child patrons. Stay tuned for children writer's workshop details!
Story Trail visitors can earn chances to win a prize each time they visit by entering the raffle at the end of the trail. Winners will be drawn monthly and will win a gift card or prize from one of these local businesses:
• Cake Gypsy
• Deep Roots Street Food
• East Granby Land Trust
• East Granby Public Library
• East Granby Parks & Rec
• Grassroots Ice Cream
• Han Asian Cuisine
• La Figata
• Riverside Reptiles Education Center
• Table 570 Asian Fusion
• @ The Barn
Directions to Ian Clark Preserve in East Granby, CT:
Take Route 20 to Randall Road. Take a right onto Kimberly Road. The Ian Clark Preserve will be on the left as it is located directly across from 140 Kimberly Rd, East Granby, CT. Street parking. Please drive cautiously through this residential community.
Location: Ian Clark Preserve
to go to the East Granby Public Library