Museum Passes may be reserved up to 30 days in advance by residents in the Oceanside School District who are 18 years or older, whose Oceanside Library card is in good standing, with no outstanding fines, and is not expired. Each Museum Pass may only be borrowed by a family once in 30 days and only 1 pass per household at a time.
The Oceanside Library offers two types of Museum Passes:
Print on Demand: Passes can be printed from home or at the library. Request your pass for the day you plan to visit the museum. Print the pass instantly at the time of reservation. The pass is only valid for the date of visit listed on the confirmation page and must be presented to the museum in printed format. If you are unable to print your pass at the time of reservation, come to the library during our business hours and we’ll print it for you. There is no need to return a POD pass to the library.
Pick Up / Return at Library: Passes are picked up at the Welcome Desk on the 1st floor of the library and must be picked up by the cardholder who made the reservation. These passes have a 3 Day loan period and MUST be returned to the library during Borrowing & Browsing Hours. Please DO NOT put Museum Passes in the Book Drop at this time. Please check the due date of the pass carefully.
For more information about the admission limits and pass details, click on the name of the museum you are interested in visiting. Many museums do not accept passes for special exhibits; contact the museum individually to see if the pass is accepted for a scheduled event.
Always check the museum’s website for unexpected closings or changes in hours for the day you plan to visit.
By making a reservation, you are accepting our Museum Pass Agreement:
- Failure to pick up a pass that you have reserved without notifying the Welcome Desk will result in a 3 month suspension of museum pass privileges.
- The fine for an overdue pass is $10 per day.
- Failure to contact the Welcome Desk if the pass cannot be returned on time will result in a 3 month suspension of privileges.
- If a pass is lost, the replacement cost is $50, and privileges will be suspended for 3 months.
- Museum hours are subject to change. Please call ahead to verify the hours. The library is not responsible for changes in unscheduled closings or newly adjusted hours.
- The library is not responsible for emergency closings, passes that are not returned back on time, or if the museum refuses to accept the pass.
CANCELLATIONS: You may cancel a reservation from home using the "My Passes" button up to 24 hours before the pickup date. Enter your library barcode and click "cancel" next to the pass. If you wish to cancel a reservation less than 24 hours before your reservation date, please contact the Welcome Desk at 516-766-2360 x300 or x301.