Join us for a day of inspiration and ideas at the Nevins Library’s first TEDx event.
After the last few years of social distancing, we are very pleased to present a free full-day event on the theme of “Making Connections.” Today, more than ever, the need to have and maintain connections is crucial to our well-being.
We feel that a library can be a unique forum for sharing ideas and building community. Our mission in hosting TEDxNevinsLibrary is to help build bridges and address the growing problem of broken connections within ourselves, our community, and the natural world. We have gathered a diverse group of speakers from our community who will speak about their unique take on what “making connections” can mean. Get ready to be inspired and to rethink how, you too, can make these vital connections within yourself, your community, and the world at large.
Speakers at TEDxNevinsLibrary include:
- Ilabeshi Aina -- Founder of Girls Talk With Tolu (GTWT) and a Human Resource professional
- Maurisa Charest -- Actress, Playwright, Director, Adjunct Professor of Theater and Communications at Northern Essex Community College
- Christina Frei – Founder of a boutique marketing practice called Innate Marketing Genius
- Dr. Lane Glenn -- President of Northern Essex Community College
- Michael Gorman -- Founder of a grassroots program, The Movement Family
- Michelle Wax -- Entrepreneur in residence at University of Connecticut; Founder of the American Happiness Project
Check out our webpage
for more information about our speakers and the TEDxNevinsLibrary event. Refreshments will be served.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxNevinsLibrary, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxNevinsLibrary event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED
Please remember this is an all-day event. If you arrive late, we cannot guarantee seating (even if you are registered). A YouTube video of the event will be available after the event if you are unable make it in person.