EventKeeper, your web calendar solution, has some questions about your browser.
Please click here.
This summer, over 30 libraries across Allegheny County have collaborated together to present digital summer reading programs.The Baldwin Borough Public Library's annual summer reading program for children, teens and adults is one of the many ways the library works to create a community of readers and library users. Through fun challenges, readers of any age can earn virtual badges and virtual raffle tickets to have chances to win end-of-summer gift cards! Our summer reading program begins June 15 and runs through August 7.
There are several ways to register for Summer Reading:
- Register, log reading, and earn badges and raffle tickets all online through Beanstack beginning Monday, June 15!
- Register by downloading the Beanstack Tracker app in Google Play or Apple!
- Register by calling our library 412-885-2255 beginning Monday, June 15!
- You can also download a reading log for kids or for teens, then go online, download the app, or call us to register...all beginning June 15!
A huge thank you to the Kiwanis Club of Baldwin for their generous sponsorship of our 2020 Summer Reading Program.
We are battling...with book reading that is! Here's how it works: YOU CAN DOWNLOAD AN INFORMATION SHEET HERE!
- Read 5 pre-selected book titles between June 22 and August 13 (books available via Hoopla/Overdrive/Libby/library catalog).
- Form a family battle team (up to 10 people - you can have multiple families on a team, just not more than 10 people in total).
- Designate a team captain.
- REGISTER for the Battle of the Books, and a Zoom link will be emailed prior to the event.
- Join us on Zoom Video on Friday, August 14 @ 6:30 pm to battle with other families!
- Questions will be trivia-style, and your team will have time after each question to discuss the answer.
- Visit the Battle of the Books website for complete information.
Battle of the Books titles (books are geared toward children in grades 3-6, but all are welcome):
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Libary by Chris Grabenstein
- Mighty Jack by Ben Hatke
- Other Words for Home by Jasmine Wargo (please download via Hoopla app - it's free and always available!)
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- The Secret Zoo by Bryan Chick
Each team will receive one set of books, which are available at the library for pickup during our Curbside Pickup hours: M-W-F 10 am-6 pm and T-TH 12-8 pm.
You will be amazed to discover the secrets of nature that exist all around you! We will learn a new topic each month and participate in Citizen Science projects in our own neighborhood via our Facebook page!
Join us on Zoom Video for a night of family art using various techniques, and create a masterpiece designed by your entire family! We will provide all of the supplies via contactless pickup...your family will provide the creativity and fun! A “how to draw” segment will be included in each program. Simply register, and a Zoom link will be emailed to you prior to the program.
July 29 project: Magic Sunglasses
Supplies needed from home (if you need a certain supply/supplies that you are unable to get, please email Ms. Dolores: email@example.com after July 8 to make pickup arrangements):
- Drawing paper
- Drawing utensil
- Paint Brush
Join instructor Leah via Zoom Video for a 30-minute yoga class incorporating asana, breath work and a short meditation. Sessions are geared to students entering 6th-12th grade. Please wear comfortable clothing and have a yoga mat or towel and water available. Simply register, and we will email you a Zoom link prior to the program. Please register for each weekly session.
Our Summer Reading theme this year is "Imagine Your Story", so this new book club will focus on books about fairy tales, fantasy, and fables. Just register, and I'll send you an invitation to Zoom Video, the day before the program. You won't need to download the Zoom app, unless you're using a tablet or phone.
July's title: Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
Before children are snug in their beds, join the Baldwin Borough Public Library every Thursday evening at 7:00 pm on our Facebook page for bedtime stories, songs and activities that are sure to cure those bedtime blues.
From our garden to your home, we will read a story, learn new songs, and even make some nature discoveries. Join us on our Facebook page every Friday morning!
Icons by Icons8